Monday, August 4, 2014

Why Flashing is annoying

Hello everyone! I've decided to talk about something called 'flashing' today.What flashing is basically somebody sends you a trade but they quickly decline. So why is it 'bad'? (or just super annoying) Well a few reasons, actually. 

  1. Somebody could accidentally click accept and trade the items (which is probably the main reason for flashing)
  2. Trying to tease somebody.
  3. Just to be an annoying troll with nothing better to do on AJ.
Flashing kind of reminds me of an old way people use to scam newbies on the site. Back when Animal Jam hadn't implemented the feature where you have to click the accept button 2 times before getting the items scammers would tell people to click exactly on an item where the accept button was. Usually they would say if you click on the item enough you would get a glove (back when gloves were super popular) when instead they would rob you of the best item on your list. 

So what does everybody else think of the flashing thing? A harmless annoyance or something that could be considered scamming?  And feel free to answer the poll before you leave~ thanks :)

5 comments:

  1. it's both, actually. Because some people do it for fun (I don't see how it's fun.... .-.) and others do it to scam.

    It's really annoying, because when I was talking to my friend in Jamaa Township, I said something super long. (Before repost chat) Right when I said it though, SOMEONE FLIPPING FLASHED ME.

    I was so angry and I still am. ;-;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how anybody could consider that fun :s

      I wish the would just add a feature where you couldn't decline a trade until you waited a specific amount of time.

      Delete
  2. "Ooh! Flash me!"

    Ugghhh...
    Those useless movies on YouTube. Those Mail Time! Geez! The YouTuber would open it and cry out: "OMG!"
    Keeps the gift.
    Then, opens another gift. "WOOP! AMAZING!"
    Recycles the previous gift the person say is "OMG".



    Seriously?

    Oh, flashing is just useless. You accept, you decline. You get/not get what you want. It's like trading, but more risky AND more useless. It's useless because it's the same as trade and it gets you to the "scamming list". Mwahahaha.


    Pink, I agree. "Lookie! Flash me! Fun!"
    Uh-huh. As fun as solving 100 infinity questions of HARD MATHS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ikr >:L Those Youtubers doing gift time get super annoying. They pretty much beg for gifts because nobody knows who they are.


      Delete

Thanks for wanting to comment your ideas/opinions! I really appreciate it! :)
But please, don't:
1. Curse (words like crap, heck, dang, etc. are excepted)
2. Don't be rude
3. Please don't spam
Thanks!

PumpkinBlue Snowflake